Associate Director/Director, Drug Metabolism-Pharmacokinetics
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID 1812
Location: Bothell, Washington
Job Code: 1609SA-01 #LI-JW1
# of Openings: 1
The Experimental Pharmacology department is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director/Director of Drug Metabolism-Pharmacokinetics to join our efforts in developing antibody-based therapies that improve outcomes for patients with cancer. The successful candidate will oversee a team that develops innovative bioanalytical assays and critical reagents; designs, implements, and interprets preclinical pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and transporter studies; and writes sections of regulatory submissions and acts as a subject matter expert for interactions with regulators. Integrating DMPK concepts from small and large molecules to inform early research efforts, lead selection, and IND-enabling studies will be key.
Responsibilities include the design and execution of DMPK strategy for bringing early research candidates to development decisions, and then forward into clinical trials. The successful candidate will have a passion for science and innovation; provide leadership within the department and wider organization; and coach, mentor, and develop DMPK scientists.
- An advanced degree (PhD or PharmD) in a chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or related field with at least 8 years of experience
- All levels of experience will be considered and the title will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and accomplishments
- Experience with large and small molecule PK/ADME and bioanalysis
- Experience with investigation of drug metabolism, transporters, and biotransofrmations of therapeutics
- Experience with PK analysis software such as WinNonLin
- Experience with contributing to INDs and other regulatory submissions, as well as interaction with regulators
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented setting
- Publications and conference presentations on PK/ADME and bioanalysis
- Laboratory experience with mass spectrometry, affinity purification, and ligand binding assays.
- Experience with PK/PD modeling
- Understanding of clinical pharmacology and its integration with preclinical investigation and strategy