Associate Scientist II, Immuno-Oncology
As part of a talented team advancing exciting new approaches to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will perform immuno-oncology research with the Cancer Biology group at Abbvie Stemcentrx.
This position is based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie’s South San Francisco, CA location.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performing diverse in vitro and ex-vivo experiments
- Developing and troubleshooting cell-based assays, and organizing/analyzing data and results.
- This position will require good communication skills and collaboratively working with multidisciplinary teams.
- BS degree and 4+ years or MS degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Technical expertise in cellular immunology and cell biology in particular with cell-based in vitro assays and their development, multi-color flow-cytometry, and ELISA/ELISPOT.
- Experience in functional cell based assays (e.g. proliferation and differentiation assays, cytotoxicity assays, cell activation, mixed lymphocyte reaction, antigen recall (CD4/CD8 T cells), Treg cell assays, etc.) highly desired.
- Knowledge of in vivo tumor models, tissue processing including tumor dissociation and cell isolation from human blood is a plus.
- Excellent laboratory, record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to plan, execute, and troubleshoot experiments that support the validation of targets.
- Ability to manage more than one project at any given time, to work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment, and to communicate clearly to a variety of audiences in both speech and writing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and GraphPad Prism.