AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist III – Microspectroscopy is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by providing expertise in the identification and characterization of small, micrometer size particles and unknown foreign materials.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
• Perform, analyzes and interpret data from experiments independently utilizing polarized light microscopy, stereomicroscopy, infrared microspectroscopy, SEM/EDX, and Raman microspectroscopy
• Provide project oversight, client interactions if required, and scientific input
• Develop and utilize characterization techniques to support drug substance and drug product development
• Comply with all cGMP and safety requirements, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures
• Participate and oversee troubleshooting of analytical test methods and laboratory instruments
• Perform data analysis and interpretation, prepare and review well-written scientific reports
• Develop and write analytical methods and operating procedures according to specific sample or testing requirements
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science field
• Knowledge base in microscopy (that may include light, hot-stage, Raman, FT-IR, or SEM/EDS) or microspectroscopy
• 1-5 years of related laboratory work experience
• Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Experience with advanced analytical techniques, design and troubleshooting experiments and interpretation of data
• Excellent communication skills, as is a high level of independence and the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
• Certification in Applied Chemical Microscopy
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply
AMRI, a global contract research and manufacturing organization, partners with the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries to improve patient outcomes and quality of life. With locations in North America, Europe and Asia, AMRI’s team combines scientific expertise and market-leading technology to provide a complete suite of solutions in Discovery, Development, Analytical Services, API Manufacturing and Drug Product. We’ve got it down to an exact science.