The role of the Product Specialist as part of the European Medical Information organization is to act as the European Medical Information Subject Matter Expert (SME) with very comprehensive, detailed and specific subject matter knowledge. She/he supports the frontline Medical Information colleagues and ensures comparable standards for answers to customers within Medical Information Europe.
The Medical Information organization combines scientific knowledge and communication expertise in order to organize and deliver relevant medical communications that are meaningful and relevant to customers, enhances patient care and advances the quality and transparency of Lilly research.
Medical information provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise, and serve as an essential link between Lilly and customers (Health Care Providers [HCPs] or patients, respectively). Careful listening to customer needs and adequately responding to customer inquiries is associated with a positive customer experience.
Regional Subject Matter Expert for Medical Information
* Provide answers for specific, detailed requests related to his/her therapeutic area (TA) in English and/or local language.
* Is accountable for planning, researching and writing scientifically complex, high quality, balanced, scientifically based, consistent and accurate medical information responses for use by internal business partners to answer unsolicited external customer questions and from internal business partners.
* Maintain broad knowledge of medical information resources; able to easily access and expertly integrate data and information from various sources and technologies to address customer needs across regions, functions, and phases of drug development.
* Manage issues and crisis management to his/her TA.
* Is accountable for identifying new ways of doing business and/or replicate best practices with regional/global application to promote consistency and proactively communicates to facilitate widespread adoption.
* Cooperate with key personnel to analyze metrics for applicable TA.
* Maintain and develop product and disease training for Medical Information.
Support for European Medical Information
* Enable requests to be answered in a timely manner with the lowest cost and effort, through training and quality monitoring of responses to support First Touch Point Resolution.
* Continuously monitor requests and awareness of products, competitors and TA changes/issues in order to identify new topics coming up from the markets, since this may require new/updated standard answers, databases and trainings.
* Responsible for coordinating the development and review of medical information responses with team members, manage expectations and timelines effectively.
* Create enduring materials to maximize medical information dissemination that has broad customer impact.
* Provide formal or informal coaching to others in the function, across geographies, or other departments by sharing scientific therapeutic expertise and medical information, give guidance, and answer questions across regions, functions and phases of drug development.
* Ensure appropriate resourcing for peer reviews and quality checks.
* Responsible for product training and processes to support Medical Information in answering customer questions.
* Serve as resource to answer questions from Medical Information related to strategy for launch.
* Responsible to provide support for the frontline in answering customer questions according to the business continuity plan.
* Responsible for supporting the implemention of the new organizational structure in Europe.
* Support the operations on Alliances partnership when Medical Information is involved.
* Build/manage relationships with colleagues in the centralized European Medical Information organization.
* Partner with Global Medical Information organization.
* Foster interaction and teamwork with global counterparts and across Medical to ensure successful regional launches and ensure regional needs are incorporated into global work plans.
* Actively participate in the Business Unit TA organization for the region.
* Maintain involvement in external professional/scientific organizations to bring back functional expertise to drive the awareness of Medical Information business and initiatives outside of Lilly.
Specialist Know How
* Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to his/her specialist-matter subject.
* Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to the therapeutic area of his/her specialist-product(s).
* Keep up-to-date with competitor product knowledge and competitive market position, global developments and changes related to his/her subject matter.
* Expert knowledge of how to analyze and integrate data and information from a broad range of resources and technologies to address complex customer questions in a timely manner.
Internal Number: 52857
About Eli Lilly & Company
Company Overview At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees worldwide work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.