Work closely with department head to meet project timelines, departmental goal, and customer requests
Coordinate with the customer for new projects, preparing technical proposals addressing their needs and drawing up cost estimates for project work
Responsible for customer satisfaction and act as the primary customer contact to make the customer interface stronger
Provide technical oversight and leadership to group/project leaders and troubleshoot personally on the shop floor where necessary to ensure smooth progress of projects
Participate in teleconferences and review update reports on ongoing projects to keep customers briefed on progress of projects
Hiring, retaining and establishing training program for the best talent
Plan for technological upgrades of the capabilities of the formulation group/ CT, by evaluating new technologies/instruments which can bring value to the customers
Maximizing efficiencies and pioneering innovative techniques
1. Ph. D. or Master in pharmaceutical formulation development or equivalent degree
2. Pharmaceutics or other directly-related science discipline with sufficient experience or training in formulation development as well as clinical product manufacturing; Experience in handling of formulation development for late stage dosage forms up to technical transfers is desired.
3. Good written and oral communication skills in Mandarin and English.
4. Modern pharmaceutics theory esp. industrial pharmaceutics.
Demonstrated record of accomplishments in the formulation development of solid and liquid oral dosage forms intended for Phase I/II clinical trials.
Extensive experience in process development, process scale up, trouble shooting and process optimization of oral solid dosage form.
Familiar with development process of new and generic drug product and relative regulations.
Know-how and expertise in lab scale, pilot scale and production scale pharmaceutical equipment for oral solid dosage form.
5. people management skills.
Good presentation skills, creative thinking, good team player, plan and do the work independently.
Good interpersonal and cross functions communication skills.
Strong problem solving skills and focus on details, execution and delivery.
Capability of fast learning and open minded to new initiatives.
About WuXi AppTec
WuXi STA has invested in building capability to support process R&D and manufacturing needs from preclinical to commercial. Our comprehensive one-stop platform enables us to move client project forward faster throughout the product development cycle.